Thursday 17 October 2013

Getting Our Asian On

  Last night my boyfriend treated me to a romantic evening and took me out to an amazing restaurant called Pushkar, in search of the elusive Indian curry that everybody says you can't live in Birmingham without trying, and I'm not gonna lie, it was probably hands down the best Indian food I have ever eaten, and I've lived long enough to sample my fair share of Indian cuisine. Most of the time when you reach the end it starts to get a bit sickly, but last night I found myself wanting to keep going and going even when my waistline was starting to protest.


  And of course, seeing as Pushkar was a cocktail bar too, there was no way I
was going to pass up the chance to act all sophisticated and grown up by trying one. There was so much choice though, it took me a good 5 to 10 minutes to decide what to get. In the end I settled on a Red Emerald, which turned out to be an absolute delight, so much so I found myself going for a second, causing my boyfriend to raise his eyebrows. 

  Food and such aside though, the atmosphere and restaurant in general was an absolute delight. Seeing as I'm quite fond of the finer things in life, though as a poor student I can seldom afford them, I appreciated the elegance and upmarketness of the place, while the staff were so attentive we were never left wanting (apart from wanting food which did take a while to arrive). In fact, the only flaw I could find was that navigating my way to the bathroom was a bit treacherous, especially in the heels I had on, as the comfy and rather spacious arm chairs were so closely spaced together that making the trip there and back again was a bit of an ordeal. Aside from that the evening was everything I was hoping it would be and more, and let's face it, it gave me a chance to dress up and to dust off my heels for the first time in forever :) . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

height="1" alt="" />