Tuesday 5 November 2013

Reading Week

  Last week was my reading week, or as I call it, the week where no reading would get done. So seeing as I was putting down the books I'd never been bothered to pick up in the first place, I spontaneously booked a ticket home for a few days to see my family. Which, seeing as they were working a lot of the time ended up predominantly consisting of me sitting on the sofa watching TV for most days while occasionally getting up to raid the fridge, but then again that is kinda just how I like it. Just the feeling of being home was enough to keep the pangs of homesickness at bay.

  On Halloween I went into work to talk to my manager and managed to surprise Tony when I walked in. I swear I wasn't wearing a costume or anything! But yeah, I did text him and all beforehand but apparently he hadn't had his phone for a few days so you know, he was a bit shocked and all that. It was kinda worth it though seeing the look of joy on his face, so much so that in the end the shift manager booted him out for a bit so he could sit and chat with me for 10 minutes that turned into an hour long catch up. Long enough for the fries he was meant to be looking after to burn I reckon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

height="1" alt="" />