Friday 1 May 2015

The NAKED Truth


Naked 2, eyeshadow palette
Now we get to the heavyweight of the brand, one of the renowned Naked palettes. This particular one is Naked 2, and any one from the range will set you back a hefty £38, so it's definitely an investment piece, and only if you're serious about eyeshadow. I bought this one on Black Friday last year, and in the short time I've had it I now swear by it. The palette is formed of 12 shades, oozes luxury, and while I'm usually sceptical of brushes that accompany eyeshadow palettes, this is the best brush I've ever owned for applying and blending. Just be careful to use the right end, I once dipped the blending end in Blackheart and it took me forever to clean it. The shades seem bottomless, and with these colours the combinations are endless. Every shade in here is able to compliment each other, and is perfect for those who shy away from the bolder colours in Urban Decay's range. Unfortunately I have to deduct a point as it seems Urban Decay marketed this with white girls in mind. For those of you with a darker complexion such as myself, I would advise you to always put on a white eyeshadow as a base before using these colours, otherwise they won't show up nearly as well! Unfortunately, this does negate the effects of some of the lighter shades in the palette. 8/10

I'm going to do a quick one line review of all the colours in here though, as there are so many. Bear in mind these reviews are all based on my skin tone Here we go:

Foxy- disappointing highlighter, but could be worse 4/10
Half Baked- slightly grainy, bold,makes a really good look on a night out 7/10
Bootycall- even more pointless than Foxy 1/10
Chopper- for those feeling a bit more daring 8/10
Tease- Not too bad when applied thickly, works well with YDK 7/10
Snakebite- You know my views on this :) 10/10
Suspect- good when used as a highlighter 8/10
Pistol- Gunmetal just with less glitter 7/10
Verse- again, good highlighter but can work as a main colour 8/10
YDK- darker version of Chopper, doesn't show up as well but a subtle look 8/10
Busted- I use this a lot as a transition colour between Snakebite and Blackheart 10/10
Blackheart- the ultimate black, necessity for a good smoky eye. A little goes a long way and heavy handed usage will result in being mistaken for a panda. Approach with caution, and not for the faint of heart 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

height="1" alt="" />